- Biblical Origin of Political and Economic Principles Founding Our Nation
- The Spiritual Orientation of the Founders
- How Politics Affect Economics
- The Role of Free Market Economics in the Success of Our Nation and the Global Impact
- Competing Influences on Politics and Economics
- The Role Of Journalism and the Impact of the Media
- The Reshaping of the Judiciary
- The Role of Public Education
- The Impact of Our Political/Economic Situation on Foreign Policy
This course is designed in seminar form and involves students in research and discussion.
They consider a list of current books and other types of media as they formulate and sharpen their world view and spiritual
are constructed which then provide a framework on which to build evidence of values and influences on particular issues.
They help students to realize the order of events around a particular focus, while considering the political, economic, spiritual,
and literary context. Here is an example of a basic american studies timeline.
While gathering a specific perspective on the issues, students write essays and do presentations
on their developing interests.